Thursday, September 24, 2009

This blog post is coming straight to you from Jacksonville, Florida! I'm here visiting my very best friend (soul sister), Jennifer. Several weeks prior to my arrival, I was continually checking the weather often times giggling when I would see 84 degrees immediately followed by "but feels like 92." But the reality is, they aren't kidding! It feels more like 102. With that said, turn down the air conditioning and "think cold, think fall, think soup."

Jennifer's Minestrone Soup

1 T. olive oil

2 carrots

2 celery stalks (including leaves)

1 yellow onion

S and P (to taste)

2 t. italian seasoning

1 can of black beans (drained)

1 can of tomato paste

1 c. spaghetti sauce (she used Prego)

46-50 oz. of chicken stock

1/2 c. ditalini

Chop all of the vegetables (including celery leaves). Heat some olive oil in a dutch oven and saute the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Add spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, italian seasoning, black beans, and chicken stock. Simmer for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Finally, bring "sauce" to a boil and pour in the pasta (uncooked).

This masterpiece will be ready to devour in about 10 minutes. Is your mouth watering, yet? If it's not now, it will be while you are cooking it (or in my case watching her cook it)!

We finished off this delicious soup with yummy, tart lemon bars and a cappucino...a meal truly fit for two best friends :).

No comments:

Post a Comment


To the corner!

There is a method to my madness!

Compulsive craft buying...gotta have it!

I LOVE BOOKS!